Thai Table Massage
Thai table massage is an ancient healing art combining acupressure, reflexology and assisted yoga-like stretches used for the relief of pain and muscle tension, increasing relaxation, and improving flexibility and mobility. The treatment is both deeply relaxing and energizing.
Thai Massage does not concentrate on the soft tissue and muscle as in the Swedish massage but works along energy lines – called Sen Lines. The massage is aimed at balancing energies throughout the body by working along these lines.
Thai Table Massage is a bodywork technique based on Eastern traditions with elements of massage from the West. Whereas traditional Thai massage is carried out on a mat on the floor, Swedish massage is usually performed on the massage table. The Thai and Swedish massage concepts have been integrated to give a deep but carefully controlled massage that does not compromise client comfort by over-stretching. It is suitable for all ages and adapts to each individuals natural level of suppleness.
Thai Table Massage is primarily carried out on a massage table with the client wearing loose, comfortable clothes, the full body massage uses rhythmic palming, thumbing and passive stretches to open joints, relax muscles, gently stretch tendons, tone internal organs, and relieve stress. The treatment lasts between 75-90 minutes and is performed by a registered massage therapist.
The benefits of Thai Massage include:
• relief of pain and release of muscle tension
• increased mental and physical energy levels
• enhanced flexibility and range of motion
• improved body posture and alignment
• increased blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
• deep relaxation
• produces a powerful sense of well-being
• complementary to Chiropractic and Osteopathic treatment
Thai Massage can bring relief from:
• neck and shoulder problems
• headaches and migraines
• lower back pain and sciatica
• restricted joint movement
• digestive problems
• physical or emotional stress
• depression and anxiety
• insomnia and restlessness